Cranberry Pecan Cheese Wafers

In our church we are blessed to have several of our people work at Shriber Cheese factory. I call it pure GOLD! For I am a cheese lover. Our beloved Jackie Whitely brings me huge bags of cheese at least once a month. I am not talking about any old cheese. He brings all the variety available to us and I dance around in my kitchen as if I had won the lottery. God's people are so amazing in so many ways. Just today I totally enjoyed being in the hospital visiting Sis. Smalley. I believe we have the most beautiful hospital ever! There is a park garden with a huge water creek, including small falls inside of our hospital. All the rooms on the side and back side has lake right next to the rooms. AMAZING!!!!! We sang songs today and just got to talk. This year my attempt at something new and adventurous is Cranberry Pecan Cheese Wafers with warm Pecan crusted Brie cheese.
1 1/2 cups of roasted chopped pecans, 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped sweetened cranberries,2 cups softened butter, 4 coups freshly shredded extra sharp cheddar,1 1/2 tsp salt,1 1/2tsp red pepper, 4 cups of All-purpose flour 350 preheat,soak cranberries in boiling water to soften this chop, in a bowl beat butter,cheese,pepper and salt until blended,gradually add flour until combined, stir in pecans and cranberries, shape into log chill for 8 hours and then cut into 1/4inch slices, bake on parchment paper for 13 to 15 min or until slightly browned, cool

Comments

Popular Posts