Brown Beans, Fried Potatoes, & Cornbread Twist

Country Tablescape Inspiration(Country Living)
Tonight I cooked one of our favorite southern meals straight from our past.Beans, fried Potatoes,green onion and cornbread.My mother was raised on a farm in Arkansas. She was the oldest of 6 kids. Her roots are tangled up in cotton and rice fields. She remembers almost every night they had beans, taters, and cornbread.On occasion there was a little meat added to the mix.All the kids had their jobs in the kitchen.So of course when she got married she brought her roots of that good southern recipe for this delicious meal. When I was little we always had a huge garden.She would say go out to the garden and get whatever she needed to cook that night. I loved it! I have adapted her recipe a bit,but have put a couple of twists for a great taste. In my cornbread I have added shredded sharp Cheddar cheese. Sometimes I also add finely chopped green onion to the mix. In the beans I make it simple by using a whole pkg of hickory smoke bacon.I also use multi-bean mix.To the fried potatoes I sometimes add finely chopped chives and sweet onions. You also can add a good homemade tomato relish to your plate.

Popular Posts