Every story is unique!! The accumulated life experiences, history, beliefs and a calling of you and your husband are the foundation for your church.
When God calls you to plant a church, realize that it is HARD, but it is SO REWARDING!
Encouragements For The Church Planter's Wife:
1. Be Confident in God's plan for the church and God's place for you in it!
* Have your home a place of support so he has something to come home to.
* During the planting season rely on the strength of the Holy Spirit and do not deplete the strength from your husband.
* Be the manager of your home and kids during this time as best as you can.
* Take your role as a wife very seriously, so he has someone to come to.
"Meanwhile, live in such a way that you are a credit to the Message of Christ...Stand united, singular in vision, contending for the people's trust in the Message, the good news, not flinching or dodging in the slightest before the opposition. Your courage and unity will show them what they're up against; defeat for them, victory for you-....and both because of God
2. Be your husband's greatest CHEERLEADER and FRIEND.
* manage your time wisely
* text encouragements to your husband
* Be specific about something he says and repeat it back. Really be there to listen.
* Affirm him sexually
Proverbs 31: 10-11(NKJV)
Who can find a virtuous wife; for her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her.
3. Keep your PRIORITIES in check....especially family life!
* He is first then FAMILY
* Know your season and don't work outside of your season
* Guard your Family time
* Have a date night
* Find a mentor to confide in for accountability
4. You are allowed (and encouraged) to have friends.
* Church Planting can be lonely.( New city, New home, New schools, New Church) You weren't meant to do this alone.
Find a friend that is:
1. Ahead of you
2. Beside You
3. In your community
4. Friends in your church
5. Enjoy the JOURNEY
Celebrate every small WIN!!
YOU WILL NEVER ARRIVE! SO LEARN TO CELEBRATE THE SMALL THINGS ALONG THE WAY!