Ministry Health and Wholeness

 Ministry Health and Wholeness




I have a strong character ..lol yet, over time my back has become weak.  Can anyone relate? Traveling is like me getting out like an old lady until I can manage by the time I reach the door to the gas station. 

At any point over the years, my back can go out. I have especially noticed this in the last few years. I recently started seeing a chiropractor. He is slowly adjusting my spine that has caused sleeping pain for years. I wake up in pain on a regular basis. I love the idea of stretching but after pastor Johns's message on Yoga, I get leary of anything that resembles that. I have asked around for a place that does Holy Stretching. If you all hear of one let me know. I am starting to apply morning stretching in my pursuit of Spiritual Health and Wholeness. I believe that has been God's intent all along. The devil and the world came in and made it a popular pursuit. I believe in health and I do believe that is the will of the Father. After turning 50 I see it now more prevalent in my own life. I am about doing all that I can to be healthy for the calling God has for me. If you do Yoga, no condemnation here. I just have never had that as a routine. 

 My routine may look different than yours.

One of the ways to encourage starting is to learn the benefits of stretching our bodies as we get older. I know it has helped my back. That alone is enough for me. Here are a few benefits of stretching daily for even 5 min. a day.

Anyone can join me in this. If you have been doing this for years I admire you. God's Best

If you have a new stretch you want to share, please do. Love you

Improve posture

Tight and weak muscles are essentially the same thing. As such, if your muscles feel wound up, you’re more likely to give into postural compensations. To improve your posture, consider incorporating daily stretches into your fitness regime.

Reduce the risk of injury

Poor flexibility can greatly increase your risk of injury. This is because tight and weak muscles are more likely to become injured if you suddenly stretch them during physical activity. Taking the time to practice regular stretches after properly warming up can help prevent such muscle strains.

Improve range of motion

Stretching regularly can help prevent your muscles from shortening and tightening over time. As a result, you can preserve your ability to fully extend your joints and move them freely in different directions.

Improve circulation

Regular stretching can help improve blood flow to your muscles. This increased circulation will help them receive the nourishment that they need as well as rid them of waste byproducts. As a result, you may experience shortened recovery time and reduced soreness. However, according to U.C. Davis Health, “Stretching will not head off delayed-onset muscle soreness - the kind that generally occurs the day after unaccustomed strenuous exercise.” As such, you can expect to experience the benefits of stretching over time rather than immediately.

Relieves stress

Stress can cause your muscles to become uncomfortably tight and tense. By loosening them, the relief that your body experiences will cause your mind to also feel more relaxed. As such, regular stretching can alleviate both the physical and mental impacts of stress.

Here are the 10 stretches I have applied in my daily habits. 













Remember to stretch safely

It’s important to listen to your body each day and take these stretches at your own pace. Don’t be disheartened if you’re not very flexible at first. With regular practice, your body should become more relaxed and each day you’ll be able to reach that little bit further.

But only take yourself to a comfortable stretch without any pain. If you notice any sharp or shooting pain, ease off completely.

If you have an injury, speak to your doctor or physiotherapist first so they can recommend a stretching routine that’s tailored to you.











Comments

Popular Posts